Sarchasm :' The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it. '

.....love it!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

'Be the Change you want to see in the world'........... Mahatma Gandhi

I am firstly going to tell you that I yielded, and *gulp* got up early this morning, and after a lovely snuggle with the King before the cat and puppy and 2 kids all jumped on us at 6(!) went and did the dishes..........and you know what it didnt hurt a bit!  LOL

I put that quote up as I have chosen it as my new mantra, because I repect the person who said it immensely, and also as it resonates with me and gives me the opportunity to take control of my own destiny instead of being pulled with the tide with no rhyme or reason.  As I have expressed in previous posts I have felt like it was slowly dragging me under over the last few years after our family suffered a trauma that was so (and I realise this is not the most eloquent turn of phrase but run with me) unexpected and shocking that it nearly tore us apart.  About the only thing I am grateful for the last 'phase' of my life is that we did not allow the cracks in the floor to widen enough to let us fall in, and took turns in pulling each other out of the chasm........as a result we know we can get through anything as a family and we have grown stronger as a result.  Dont get me wrong, we still have our issues....but we KNOW in our hearts that they are trivial so we move on from them quicker these days.....

'Be the change you want to see' in YOURSELF, is my way of interpreting Gandhi's quote, as if I can be proud of the person I am, and be strong for my family, I believe I have set the foundation for my children.......and that is my world ;)

So, after our early start, I went for a lovely walk with the poochies, listened to the birds sing and watched the sunrise and bathe the beautiful old houses and their 100 year old trees with a sepia glow that was just magical.   I came home and decided to be the one to break the cycle the King and I have been locked in for a few weeks, and that too was a magical moment.......the kids had a 30 minute challenge set to 'win' and we have so far not had a single roar from this old lioness.........breakfast in my patio to enjoy the morning some more before a warm shower and I can actually say that today is going to be a GOOD day, and I can allow my self time to close my eyes and  just BREATHE.

Hope your day is fantastic too, take time out for you!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your day stayed good. Plan on having heaps more won't you.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb, it did lo and behold! I am trying to change my focus to living in the moment ;)

    ReplyDelete