Sarchasm :' The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it. '

.....love it!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Me time.................

It is such a rarity that I give myself time...for....just...whatever.  Being both a woman and a mum (brilliant deduction going on about now no doubt lol) it seems ingrained that to spend any time 'just' on 'me' is a shocking waste of my precious time and is designed to maximise one's guilt complex.  However today I find myself in such a rare position of utter nothingness that I had to force myself to use it as I wanted to.

 Over the weekend the King had to fly back to Darwin to finalise his work contract .......
*GULP, but we are NOT thinking about that today either*
........so the kids and I had a day out at the shops, just taking our time and then a delicious coffee and a play (I must admit I caved in to the McCafe which just goes to show you can have ideals and be a normal person who needs some time out too.......without feeling too much  like a big fat hypocrite......actually it helps if you park with your 'kill the clown' stickers facing away from the front door) then came home and flicked the kids around like giant dusters, opened a new box of pot pourri (at least the place SMELLS clean, so I'm halfway there) and had bedroom cleaning races...so the place is presentable, and no need for me to spend the day cleaning for once.

And so I find myself with time to do.........ANYTHING..................I......................WANT!  *dizzy grin*

So, I have banished the guilt fairy and enjoyed an awesome day off to potter around, went for a window shop, have taken the dog for a walk in lovely winter sun, planted some more herbs for our kitchen garden, tidied up (its embedded sadly), now time for a cup of tea and a bit of a daydream before my nap (night duty tonight).....ahhhhhhhhhh.

It has struck midday and funnily enough, I haven't shrivelled into a prune, or turned into a troll (well any bigger than this morning anyway), DOCS havent shown up to demand to know why there are dishes in the sink and better still we are off to Mum's for dinner tonight so no need to organise anything.

I think I am going to love Daydream Mondays from now on.

I hope you have some time out for yourself this week too.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment