Sarchasm :' The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it. '

.....love it!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

I can hear my mum sniggering from here....

She arrived in NSW this morning, and we  have been issued a cyclone warning.  She who is a cyclophobe(word?) has incredible timing , I'll give her that! 
I'd hate to have to deal with a full blown cyclone, but truthfully cant get past my own preparation, will have to dust off some baked beans and hope the dust on the candles havent made them a fire hazard....imagine the clean up afterwards.....
It's bad enough to figure spending more than 3 minutes trapped in a bathroom with 2 sqaubbling kids, an old incontinent dog who forgets she is NOT a cat, trying to get onto your lap, a kitten with claustrophobia and a DH who will lets just say, NEED to be holding the matches.




'Brrrp" ...

dd8..."who was that'

dh.."the dog'

DS5...'move over'

DD8.." I cant...you move.....silence....THUMP'

DD5 SQUUUUUAAAAAAWWWWKK

DH. Brrrp brrp, stop that kids, or I'll put you outside....(currently undertaking negotiations with THE NANNY re punishments must fit the crime...)

DOG....leak leak

cat.....psssss......

me....rummage rummage, oh god did we pack the VALIUM???? slightly panicked rise to voice.
.
.
.

me....quietly and slowly...crack....twist twist.....slurp slurp

dh....what is that?

me...what? I dont hear anything HIC ....*snore*





so heres to it passing, or I will need therapy ;)...purely selfish I know, but I dont care if it hits and carries away my car or trashes my lounge, nothing takes away the 'mystery' from a marriage like being trapped together in a 2 foot by 3 foot room. WITH kids and dogs ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment