Sarchasm :' The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it. '

.....love it!

Monday, January 11, 2010

My humble Kitchen.......

Oh God, dont you hate that?  I just wrote a wonderful piece about our kitchen...written in response to a lady from SS's ( what a mouthful lol) dilemma on decorating on a budget....and then a lightning strike and *flash* my Pulitzer prize piece is gone!  I will attempt to salvage from my memory what I was trying to say.



When we bought this house it was cold and uninviting, and the kitchen had no space to move, with only 3 bench height cupboards, I was tired of living in a cluttered messy environment.   Dad and I went to Bunnings intending to buy the makings of a shelf, however even that was getting costly.....until we walked through the gardening section and these wire baskets caught my eye.  I love the spanish/county style kitchen look so this suited me perfectly and has offered a place to store my jars, baking ware, saucepan lids and a with a lick of paint has transformed our kitchen into a warm happy space where I love to 'create' for my family and it also gave our living area a lovely warm feel with that delicious chilli red.   All up with paint it was $60, however had I known what I wanted I am sure I could have salvaged them for a fraction of the cost.

This was intended as an interim solution until we 'renovated' however I am still waiting lol, and looks like it wont happen as we are moving now, but I have enjoyed playing in this happy kitchen.

Infact I am off to play now, with a nice glass of Merlot to get my creative juices flowing  : )

On the menu tonight.......... Yummy Moroccan Vege Curry, in line with my recent 'pledge to go veg'.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Melissa, I love its warmth too. I have fond memories of trekking to the local paint store and Bunnings (with a slightly peeved brother dear who painted it for me for xmas one year....) with jars of spices to match up to....paprika and mexican chilli spice lol. We went with sweet paprika, I think the colour is Indian Summer ..... It is amazing how a tiny space of wall and less than $50 of paint (and said patient brother) can change a whole house. I am packing this kitchen up now to move and have left it till last as it has a lot of memories...not all of them as edible as they sounded!

    ReplyDelete