Sarchasm :' The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it. '

.....love it!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

When in Rome.....

Well, as we are nearing the end of our Northern  Territory sojourn, the King took the kids to Crocadylus park while I slept post night duty on Sunday....using our annual passes, which run out in 2 weeks and we hadnt used them since we bought them...GREAT value that!  Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

The King bought a pack of Croc burgers to make a bbq dinner for tonight.  However this feeble and desperate attempt to reinstate some 'cool' factor, really didnt go according to plan.  Mini Steve Irwin was horrified and ended up eating only an egg and the Bookworm was adamant she wasn't going to eat them either, that is until she realised her hissy fit this afternoon and 8 year old expletives screeched through her door to us had ruined her chances of a special dinner she was vying for.  She was eating it with a funny screwed up expression, a mix of disgust and guilt, when she revealed they werent that bad.  She asked how much of a croc she'd eaten and I responded, 'about a toe' as she was dawdling and my patience was dwindling!  I obviously hadnt thought my answer through.....so that was the end of that meal, but no arguments to be had by any, off to bed without a peep!

On the upside, princess kitty and old lady pooch LOVED them ;)

3 comments:

  1. Kids can be sooo funny at times lol.
    I lurve croc done as schnitzel!

    I spent 12yrs in the Top End and only made it to Crocadylus once. I miss Darwin (at least the lovely year round warm weather)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Croc Schnitzel?! Now that would put an end to the culling debate, can see croc schnitzel nights at all the 'locals' up here, lol. I dont think my kids will be asking again tee hee. I kept thinking of that scene in waterboy when 'Mama' is carving up the snake, 'if I had to give that part a name I'd say it was his knee'(or similar, I have terrible movie memory)
    You may miss Darwin but the only thing liking all this rain are the lovely green frogs.
    Thanks for dropping by ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used to be able to get croc schnitzel burgers at Mindal Beach Markets on a Thurs night, and a few of the restuarants used to do schnitzels too.

    I do miss the beautiful green tree frogs. Used to have one that lived in the outside toilet during the dry season. It would crawl up under the rim and I'd have to go feeling around to remove it or the flush wouldn't work lolol

    ReplyDelete