Sarchasm :' The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it. '

.....love it!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Keeping the magic alive.....

Sometimes, albeit not regularly enough, here at El Rancho Ryan, the King and I get to have a quiet night to ourselves and though it takes a bit of planning ahead to get the kids to bed so we arent interrupted by 100 ...'can I have a glass of water' type requests (.....to which I will answer, 'NO, swallow hard and look forward to your hot chocolate in morning'....being MOTHER OF THE YEAR and all is no mean feat) it is well worth the while.  We actually get to TALK.  I remember that among other things, we used to be best pals.  AND why.   I light the candles to signify the 'date', and the King usually pours a nice glass of wine for us to enjoy.  TV is turned off, and we picnic on a rug on the floor............

This is not as actually romantic as it sounds...stems from the days when we were first cohabiting, and all we HAD was a rug on the floor.  And while we are no moguls even now, we feel rich with such oppulence as a house full of furniture.  Admittedly it is getting harder and harder to get off the rug when we are ready to retire though.....

Tonight is an important night, for with all the stress of moving, I dont think we have actually LOOKED at each other, or talked about NOTHING for a few weeks now.  It is taking its toll.  We are getting snarky ( is this even a word?) when this is meant to be the opportunity for us all to change our lives to make time for the things that WE decided matter to us most. 

As a peace offering, I am making one of the King's favourite all time lip schmacking foods, the cob loaf dip.  He will love me for it and IT will be responsible for restoring our faith in each other and our way forward.  Not that I am putting a whole lot of emphasis on the food you understand, too much pressure for a loaf of bread you say?  You havent seen him devour this at parties, eyes rolling back in his head with pure (doesnt matter if I'm too tired) ecstasy. 

Thanks to fellow blogger Jade at Creative Family Living for this very timely shared recipe, you saved my bacon!


I am interested in how YOU keep the 'magic' alive......when you have other commitments which threaten its existence on a daily basis, please share ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment